Notice served next step

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notice served next step

Hi, i have served notice, break clause, and have spoken to the unhappy tenant, he will be 3 months behind in his rent on the first of October, is there anything that i can do to recover the money the money he owes if he refuses to pay? he's only paid on time once, since he's signed the new lease, and even up until the Virus, after that is understandable, even though he was open all through the pandemic, i gave him plenty of time, and didn't give him any hassle, only reminders he had to pay, i do feel bad for him, but not sure what else to do in this situation.

Unfortunately the government seem to have told him, that theft is fine.
    So there is nothing else to do.

Just accept that you are likely to have £10K-£20K stolen from you and learn what tenants not to accept in future. Tighten your belt and suck it up.

Comment

no rent depo??

Comment

Originally posted by flyingfreehold View Post
        no rent depo??
        No, no rent deposit, he's now 3 months behind with rent, I'm going to send him a letter about this recorded tomorrow, he rang me and told me i was mad to let him go from the shop, he said I'd get some café in there for 6 months before they went bust, well, at least i would have rent for that time, he's made false promises, and never paid on time, even before this Virus came along, I'll have a rent deposit next time, and not sure of the state he will leave the shop in, he's meant to put it all back as it was, but doubt he's going to do that, he was open all through the pandemic, he told me he's been closed for the last 6 months, pfft, he's a liar, the roof was leaking which he didn't tell me about, and when he did, he wanted it fixed the same day, even though he was in rent arears, i told him hire somebody as your own cost in that case, we went there the next day and fixed the roof in the pouring rain, we need the consumer units updates, that was made difficult, he's just doesn't reply to anything you text him, a very bad communicator.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X