Rent Concessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rent Concessions

Having been inundated with requests for rent holidays/concessions/relief some which i believe to be genuine but others less so, i wanted to gauge feedback from other landlords on how they approached this and what if any concessions they offered?

Ask if their energy company, water supplier, city council and local supermarket have offered similar concessions. You will match those by way of a temporary loan.

Strange how only some seem to be needing to be the subject of this facilitated theft encouraged by government.

Comment

I didn't approach it , tenants approached me. I offered a reduction which was refused. A month or two later we are putting the finishing touches to a CCJ.
      How did you approach it?

Comment

Rejected requests for three tenants, but considering proposing temporary reduction for two long standing tenants. I've tried to take a pragmatic approach so far. I've rejected any request if there is even the slightest feeling i'd be funding tenants lifestyles rather than helping them keep their business afloat.

Comment

Of the 3 that you rejected, are the paying in full?
          Much of this boils down to what type of business they are. Some are not affected by C19, some were forced to stop trading and some are doing better than before C19. I guess this determines if they feel they should pay the rent or not

Comment

I am finding it depends on the tenant and whether the landlord considers the request genuine; and whether the landlord can afford to be lenient/generous.

Comment

darkstar,

Two are still paying in full and one is still paying in full but in increments, all 5 tenants have received grants but you're right each has been affected by C19 differently

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X