Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Business rates grant denied

Hi,

Just wanting some advice, we have a premises of 17,200 rateable value in London. We have around 5k in arrears with the business rates but have been in the property for three years.

Our council told us the have rejected our government grant completely due to this and they stated we cant just give ‘government money’ to anyone. I was wondering if anyone could give some advice on how to go about this as we are unable to open until July 4th.

Thanks

what is the planning use of your commercial premises. Shop, hospitality or leisure?

It is taxpayers' money. Surprising that if you qualify they didnt pay you the grant less the rates owed. Unfortunately public bodies dont think in the way business people do........

Comment

Yes we run a salon under suis generis, we have had the salon for a number of years. We are entitled to the 25k but we said ok if we settle the £5k debt when speaking with one of the council members she couldn't give me a clear answer.

It seems very strange to me in a time in need they cannot help businesses.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X