Landlord threatening to cancel lease over an unrelated argument

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord threatening to cancel lease over an unrelated argument

Hi six month ago I took small shop on 03 years lease with 01 years breakup clause, yesterday My sister went to to next door news agent shop which own by same landlord and my sister had an arguments with landlord's sister who run the news agent shop and Yesterday I went to same shop with my sister to buy some chocolate and Milk and landlord's sister again start abusive language and we had argument but today morning my landlord came to my shop when I was away and she threatened to my mom and dad who were at my shop and she were so loud and forcing them for apology to her sister while it was between her sister and me nothing to do with landlord and property I set up standing order paying my rent every month but instead of this she threatened and forced my mom and dad that she will cancel the lease and kick us out from the property if we did not apologise to her sister we went to her shop as a Customer but landlord came to my shop by purpose and her all family came inside the shop and shouted on my mom and dad and now my parents forcing me to apologise while It was' not my mistake her sister was so rude and abusive even landlord sister came to my shop and she did swearing to my mom and dad my landlord is blackmailing to me and forcing me to apologise while its nothing to do with her,
    I need advice what to do where to go because I recently started my Business Career and I am 20 years Old do not know the technical element abd I dont wana apologise because I did not done anything wrong kindly advice me what do would be highly appreciated.

Err, don't take your gobby sister next door with you, in future?

Comment

No way can your landlord forfeit your lease for something your sister did.

Comment

Be the grown up here as hard as it is and take your parents advice: apologize. You can word the apology so it is not too painful. This situation will only escalate. Surely you need to focus on your business not petty battles with your landlord that did not actually involve you or the landlord but your respective sisters.

"I would like to put these problems behind us so I've popped in to say sorry for the misunderstanding between our sisters."

Comment

As I said it was personal matter between my sister and Landlord sister nothing to do with my Business Lease then how come landlord came to my shop threatened to staff to apologise to her sister if she been polite and asked what exactly happened because it was word against the words but she only supporting her sister does Landlord keep the rights to come to my Business premises without any property related issues or shouting on my staff does landlord keep the rights to cancel the lease on these excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Steve786 View Post
            As I said it was personal matter between my sister and Landlord sister nothing to do with my Business Lease then how come landlord came to my shop threatened to staff to apologise to her sister if she been polite and asked what exactly happened because it was word against the words but she only supporting her sister does Landlord keep the rights to come to my Business premises without any property related issues or shouting on my staff does landlord keep the rights to cancel the lease on these excuses
            To focus on that, there is nothing you say which gives the landlord a good reason to end your lease.

However, you do need to do what you can to calm the situation down.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X