Getting out of lease

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting out of lease

Hi I purchased the leasehold of a little cafe 10+ years ago. The landlord sold the freehold and the new landlord is a nightmare. I have told him I wish to assign the lease and that I am struggling and currently maxed on all credit cards and overdraft. I have moved out living with family and rented my only asset which is my house so I can stay afloat with paying the rent to landlord for the shop. Knowing that I'm struggling the landlord keeps delaying the consent to assign and has instructed a solicitor to do a back dated rent review, now a surveyor to do a dilapitation report( off course all costs paid by me)
    he has said it direct to me that he wishes me good luck in selling the business and all he wants is to drive me to insolvency and get the business back. I dont mind giving the business back but he also wants the remaining terms rent, dilapitation cost( no schedule to prove condition at start and the places is very dated, not our doing but like that when we brought the business)

the buyer has now pulled out and said he willstruggle to work with this landlord as he is ruthless.
    It took us 2 years to find this buyer and none wants to take on a lease with only 2 years left and a landlord who is asking for everything possible.

I'm scared I will lose my home which I have worked 30+ years. What can I do or is their nothing I can do.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X