Subtenant eviction notice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subtenant eviction notice

18 months ago, with our landlord's agreement, we sold a shipping container to a friend for her to convert for her business use on our site. As we were friends we didn't have a formal written agreement, just a verbal one for one third of the rent. 18 months on we have had one single rent payment this month. There are other shared costs, agreed verbally, that she has yet to pay for; and items relating to branding, signage etc that I paid for which has just been reimbursed although as she hasn't stated what the money was for we have said it was for these expenses.

I emailed her with a breakdown of all costs and so far we have received no payment t although we have had a meeting. She has made no acknowledgment that she has failed to lay her rent or costs. I'm seeing a solicitor on Wednesday but to save my sanity before then I wondered if we had the right to give her notice to quit and remove her container as the rent is so far 18 months in arrears. Even if she pays it do we still have the right to ask her as we feel this is unreasonable behaviour and do not want her on our business site.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X