Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Facilities being taken away

Hello,

I'm not sure what section this should be on.

I’m a leaseholder within a gated community. We have had a private bar / restaurant here since the early nineties.

Recently, the freeholders bought the lease of the bar / restaurant back from the owners of the bar / restaurant. They have closed it and refused to say what will happen to it. It has been stated that it may not be a bar / restaurant going forward.

I’m concerned that the price of the properties will go down, as it is a selling point.

Does anyone else have ideas on whether we can stop them from making it into something else

I think this is a question about residential leases, so should be in the long leasehold section.

Unless you lease has a lessor covenant that requires the provision of this facility, all I can see your doing is challenging planning consent for the new use.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• aquatics shop and damp
      by k brown
      Hi I rent out a small corner shop which is used as a marine aquatic retail shop there are many fish tanks and many gallons of warm water in there.Condensastion is causing many problems in the flat above (mould damp ) and in the roof space condensing on the roof tiles(I have already fitter 9 tile roof...
      30-05-2020, 08:35 AM
    • Reply to aquatics shop and damp
      by k brown
      the problem I'm having is the guy with the shop trading 5 years has moved into the flat above 2 years ago and himself is complaining about the damp caused by his business I have installed all new dg windows (with vents he does not open ) fitted 9 roof vents and he is adamant the condensation is...
      30-05-2020, 15:39 PM
    • Reply to aquatics shop and damp
      by nukecad
      I used to have an aquatics shop underneath my flat for a period, but only six months or so.
      (Whilst I've lived here it's also been a taxi office, a photo processors, a nail bar, it's now a small local museum and charity shop).

Yes the warm water in the tanks will evaporate and cause...
      30-05-2020, 15:17 PM
    • Reply to not paying rent with £10000 grant
      by Knowle Engineering
      I would still let the Local council know as they are not just taking the preverbial out of you K.Brown they are also stealing public funds.
      30-05-2020, 13:42 PM
    • not paying rent with £10000 grant
      by k brown
      Hi I am a landlord I have a tenant who rents a small shop from me (computer repairs etc)he is closed on lockdown.He has recieved the £10000 small business grant but is now saying he doesnt want to pay rent or might pay half I told him the grant was to pay his business outgoings ie rent and to use that...
      30-04-2020, 20:23 PM
      by Knowle Engineering
      Hi K.Brown I work on free heating and insulation grants and know that if the grant is not used for the correct purpose then the claimant is liable as he is committing fraud . The regulating body or issuing local authority in this case would be very intrested in knowing that this person has claimed the...
      30-05-2020, 13:10 PM
    • Reply to Can anyone advise? FREEHOLD PROPERTY - FLAT AND SHOP - ( A3) cafe -
      by Charlotte@99
      The garden is really large and there is plenty of space to divide this up, but my tenant who leasing the shop, wants to also take over the AST which is fine by me and the existing tenant for his moving in with his partner after everything goes back to normal or the "New Normal".
      Do you...
      30-05-2020, 10:16 AM
    • Can anyone advise? FREEHOLD PROPERTY - FLAT AND SHOP - ( A3) cafe -
      by Charlotte@99
      Hi,

Can anyone help?

I own the freehold of a shop and 2 bed flat. The shop is let out on a 5-year lease and the flat is on an AST

There is a very large walled garden that I currently let out with the Flat

Now since Covid 19 come along, I have ben...
      29-05-2020, 18:16 PM
      by Lizbeth
      PS - just a thought - but might YOU now be eligible for the grant, now you have vacant premises, and no likelihood of a new tenant for the duration?? (I don't know what the scheme is re commercial property cf holiday lets)
      30-05-2020, 10:16 AM
      by Lizbeth
      If he's no longer at the premises and has terminated his tenancy, then he has changed the situation in which he was eligible for the £10k grant.

I've also received such a grant, in my case in respect of a holiday let property that is not lettable during lockdown. When I was applying it...
      30-05-2020, 10:14 AM
    Working...
    X