Non-payment of rent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non-payment of rent

If I have a tenant that has left the premises, an office, before the lease end date and was making payments to my company for shares in profit but never paid rent to the actual company that owned the property. Is the outstanding rent still due and can I make a claim for the rent that was due to the end of the lease. The company never paid any rent to us as rent for the premises.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Is a flat conversion above shop a good option?
    midlandslandlord
    I'm after some comments on a possible conversion of a flat above a business

The property is in a parade of shops in a former village community on the outskirts of town in a small parade of shops. Most are long established local businesses - ours in a hairdresser where the T has been there...
    23-08-2019, 02:28 AM
  • Reply to Is a flat conversion above shop a good option?
    desamax
    Why look for further investments when you have something in hand that can be converted for far less than buying a unit to let....
    25-08-2019, 18:48 PM
    doobrey
    The yield sounds very healthy and mixed use is generally tax efficient, so seems like a good idea.
    24-08-2019, 10:16 AM
  • TOGC and VAT
    doobrey
    I am looking quite seriously at buying a commercial property, which would be my first one. It is elected for VAT so it would be critical to structure the purchase such that VAT was not payable on the purchase price.

As such my understanding is that it must be done as a Transfer Of a Going...
    24-08-2019, 08:31 AM
  • Quick turnaround lease
    ladybreaker
    Hello there, In the past I have had drafted lease for all my commercial property but something new has been pointed out to me that if the tenancy if below seven years A quick turn around lease can be use, its quick and cheaper. I asked this to my usual solicitors and never herd about it I try to make...
    23-08-2019, 20:04 PM
  • Reply to Quick turnaround lease
    Lawcruncher
    I think the RICS has a model form of lease for small retail premises. The reference to seven years probably refers to the fact that leases for over seven years need to be registered. One-size-fits-all leases are probably adequate for the majority of cases where the term is short and the premises are...
    23-08-2019, 22:07 PM
    desamax
    Is there a market for 1 beds in the village, you could convert and sell the flat leasehold, this could give you a lump sum up front. But if your looking at BTLs and there is a strong chance of letting the Upper for 4K + pa you won’t get a better yield than the conversion cost....
    23-08-2019, 16:07 PM
  • garage lease
    hsa1
    Hi All,

What is the average ball park figure for a lease length for a garage in London. it has its own title deed. If the lease is around 20 years remaining. is it as simple as applying for a lease extension , or can the freeholder withhold?

thank you
    18-08-2019, 13:22 PM
  • Reply to garage lease
    hsa1
    After the lease ends the freeholder may not wish to extend it and if so it will become their property? if for arguments sake the lease is 20 years remaining (unsure what the average is for a garage) and I have yet to purchase the garage, is it best to agree on extension before purchase?

18-08-2019, 21:43 PM
  • Reply to garage lease
    AndrewDod
    You have no statutory rights here at all (it is not a residential property). So it is matter of asking for a price and agreeing that, if you get agreement, otherwise there is nil you can do. In 20 years it will case to be your lease controlled garage....
    18-08-2019, 17:34 PM
Working...
X