Commercial lease with 'date of lease' date later than actual lease start date.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial lease with 'date of lease' date later than actual lease start date.

Hi, I have a lease for an old tenant that did not pay me any rent. I have now found the lease some years on (5 years on) and the dated lease date is in August 2013 and the lease started in January 2013. Does this now make the lease defective and therefore I am not able to make a claim against the company that rented from me?

The lease was not defective. It is not possible to grant a backdated legal term. The lease accordingly started in August, but the length of term was calculated from January. This is often done when the parties agree a lease and the tenant goes in before the paperwork is completed.

Comment

Thank you. One last question if he, the tenant, was paying another company we had money as he made loads of transfers to another company but never the company the owns the office can we still demand a rent payment. There are no references to 'rent' in any of the payments to the other company. The director of the both the companies is the same.

Comment

The transfers he made were not in any way related to the rent.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X