End of lease dilapidation costs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of lease dilapidation costs

Would you consider £1,600 reasonable for a dilapidations report for a 1200 sq ft light industrial unit? Surveyor was there about 2 hours. Also solicitors costs are tbc for serving the report - any thoughts on a reasonable amount would be gratefully received. So far estimates of costs they have put in seem to be on the high side.

Considering the surveyor came in and said what good condition it was in (refurbed throughout 18 months ago), and said someone would be able to move in straight away it has come as a bit of a shock that their estimated costs have come in at more than a year's rent. Now I know why previous neighbouring tenant was so cross as same thing happened to him but unit was let out as it was and no doubt the current tenant will get the same when he leaves.

Duration of the inspection is only part of it. The surveyor also has to prepare the schedule possibly including costings and liaise with the solicitors prior to service. Time too for travelling to and from the premises. Time passes: about 2 hours on-site could easily become about 6 hours in total which equates to about £250 an hour. To my mind, not unreasonable.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Taking a managing agent to court
      by Goldsmarty2
      Hi all,
      Firstly, apologies if this is in the wrong section.
      I would like to know if anyone can recommend me a no-win no fee solicitor that is expert at dealing with a rogue managing agent?
      I believe that service charge funds are being mismanaged as a large part of the building is being...
      22-01-2020, 16:15 PM
    • Want to start estate business in 2020?
      by rahiismyabbo
      I am landlord i want to start estate but i have no idea about real estate business anyone please help me.
      17-01-2020, 10:02 AM
    • Lease surrender
      by CANADA576
      I am on a S25 notice expiring in 10 weeks.

The Landlord and I have tried to negotiate but have not even managed to agree Head of Terms.

I have had enough, so not sure of the best way to surrender Lease.

Should I just stop communicating with Landlord and just let...
      15-01-2020, 09:55 AM
    • Reply to Lease surrender
      by CANADA576
      Thank you very much for that,

I will wait and then give him a months notice.

I will also give the Landlord an option at the same time,firstly I want the lease ended, which sounds easy to do, by me just giving him1 months notice but I will offer him this option.

16-01-2020, 11:02 AM
      by Lawcruncher
      If all you describe are fixtures they are fixtures you are entitled to remove them before the tenancy ends. If they are not fixtures you can remove them anyway - in practice you need to remove them before the tenancy ends if the landlord does not want to buy them.
      15-01-2020, 21:47 PM
      by CANADA576
      A Fully fitted out Beauty Salon with Mirrors,Styling Chairs,Expensive Pedicure Chairs,Beauty Couches,Nail desks and 4 chairs,
      4 Client waiting area chairs,2 Hair wash chairs with basins and all equipment to run a Beauty Salon catering for Beauty,Nails and Hair also including some stock .All Salon...
      15-01-2020, 16:34 PM
      by Lawcruncher
      So ,I don't have to give him a specific amount of notice ,like 3 months?he will have to accept the property back if I do nothing?

Correct

By trying to negotiate,I have not protected my position?

No. Protection is obtained by applying to the court.

15-01-2020, 15:44 PM
      by CANADA576
      Thank you,

So ,I don't have to give him a specific amount of notice ,like 3 months?he will have to accept the property back if I do nothing?

By trying to negotiate,I have not protected my position?

So ,to be polite I can inform him Just 1 month before?
      15-01-2020, 12:42 PM
      by Lawcruncher
      "Surrender" is not the strictly correct legal term here as it is not a unilateral act and requires the landlord to accept it.

In fact there is nothing you need to do. If the tenant does not take action to protect his position the landlord's section 25 notice brings the lease to...
      15-01-2020, 12:09 PM
      by CANADA576
      No and there is no agreement with the Landlord.

He is probably waiting for me to continue negotiations about renewal.

I cannot renew for many reasons and have to just surrender, but want to do it properly and want to tell him I need to surrender and vacate on 31/03/20 but as...
      15-01-2020, 11:12 AM
    Working...
    X