Garage Rental Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Rental Advice

I have rented a garage for the past 5 years and have been paying the same monthly amount by standing order. Last week I received a phone call asking me what I was going to do about the arrears on my account. When questioned I was informed that the rental amount had increased three times in the last two years and the company states they wrote to me to inform me each time this occurred. This came as a big shock to me as I have not received any letters informing me of the rental increase and asking me to increase my standing order payments. I had received quarterly statements but had not noticed the increase. They are stating I owe them £297.
    Please can someone advise where I stand regarding this. I have never defaulted on my monthly payments and had I received the letters I would have immediately increased my standing order. My rental agreement states I should be given a quarters notice in writing for any increases and although the company say they have sent these letters to me I have never received them. I have never had any problems with the post to my address and find it very hard to believe that these three letters have gone astray. I am also unhappy they have taken two years to let me know.
    I would really appreciate any advice as to whether I should pay the outstanding amount or not.

Feel free not to pay up, and I suspect you'll find the locks changed and contents in a skip.

Comment

Do the statements show the intended increase and outstanding amount ? If you'd have paid the increase anyway then you might just as well pay now and clear it before they get stressy about it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X