Need new land boundaries drawn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need new land boundaries drawn

We as a family are selling our farm with 3 different land registry deeds.1: house and front and back garden.No change to this one.
    deeds 2 and 3 relate purely to land .Buyer of house is buying most of land relating to deed 2 and part of deed 3.
    Another purchaser is buying most of deed 3 and small part of deed 2.
    Deeds 1 and 2 are in son's name and deed 3 in mine and husband's names.
    All looks straight forward when drawn on separate deeds with outlines for the two buyers but solicitor has asked for revised land outlines to be drawn up professionally.
    Struggling to find the best person to do this .We are in South Wales .Any advice appreciated please.

Are you saying that the plans on the three titles do not dovetail or that plans are being required to show the division between the two buyers?

Comment

The plans dovetail in that we are not creating new boundary lines just an internal division of the land to 2 separate buyers

Comment

In that case since the sales involve part of land in a title properly drawn plans will be required. If you have employed agents to sell and they are surveyors, preparing a plan should not be a problem for them and they should provide it free of charge as part of their service. I dealt with quite a bit of agricultural land and never knew the selling agents charge for preparing plans. In the (hopefully) unlikely event that the agents do not know what is required refer them to this Land Registry guide: https://www.gov.uk/government/public...y-applications

Comment

Thank you we will take that route.Appreciate your help and advice

Comment

We sold our Farm recently which had a few different areas with different land registry titles. And if we were doing it again we would do it differently and save a lot of money.
            Apparently you need a "Compliant Plan" which the Land Registry will accept.
            What I would do differently is not fall into the "costs" trap where as a Farm is a business a solicitor wants to prepare a Contract to sell it, and when you have a buyer the buyers solicitor asks your solicitor loads of questions which he is happy to answer at £200 an hour, and if the contract is sent out to the buyers solicitor and the buyer pulls out, you have to pay your solicitor which could be £5000.
            Then it goes up for sale again. and a new buyer found, but your solicitor cant use the old contract, a new one has to be created and the same questions are being answered again. And if it falls through again +-another big bill, and so it goes on.
            I found that as soon as a buyer was interested their solicitor wanted to do a Heads of Terms.
            I would not get my own Heads of Terms, and a Contract sorted out, so if anyone wanted to buy it, its your rules.
            And get your solicitor to do a fixed fee. What puts the costs up are "work in progress"
            And ask more than a valuer suggests. Our 5 acre farm in the Green Belt was given a low valuation but in our area there were no 5 acre farms for sale anywhere.
            Fortunately it went for development after 4 buyers pulled out and 5 big bills (£30,000)

Comment

That sounds like a nightmare.Glad that you have sorted it now but not good to have lost that money. Thank you for the advice

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
              X