Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wfd_property
    replied
    Your title is better than theirs. They can't evict you, but the paper title holder can.

Make the land look occupied and used though. Then they most probably won't try.

Leave a comment:

• Avoriaz123
    started a topic Adverse posession of adverse posession

Adverse posession of adverse posession

Hi guys. All brand new on hear so please be gentle. English second language grammer may be poor..

my job gets me out and about all over rural wales. And i notice parcels of land unoccupied,empty, abandoned,.i did some homework on one estste..large mabe 10 acres of fields and a old falling down ruin.belived 1800s.my findings through local knowlege, land reg ect nearly drew a blank..one old farmer stated that way before his time that a old farmer lived there/farmed it, died and the rest of familly couldnt decide what to do with it.all the fields buildings are coming back as unregistered.i have now sent a application for a sim..index map search for the owners..its pending.meanwhile i have chained the gate and made my precence known on the land.my chain hasent been tampered with or i havent been approached..although i saw a field that was encroaching on the estste that was registered and downloaded the plan..date 2013..3 australians gained possesory title in 2013. I called land reg and the guy i spoke to found it funny that auzzies have gained a posessory title.and commented that another big field has had a 1st registration application.i am.assuming the auzzies.i will enquire for this monday.i am led to belive that the auzzies maybe trying to recapture there old estste as they all bear welsh names/sirnames.but as in land reg title states no deeds were apparent with the 1st reg of the 1st field they aquired. now it looks that they are moving on to the next..no signs of adverse possesion apparent,no fences, locked gates, or any work cutting clearing ect.as i am allways in area..my question is what happens if these people try and claim the fields ,old building that i am in posession of with a locked gate ect? Can i be kicked off or as they only have a possesory title they have a fight on there hands?..also would it be wise to contest there registration of that new field, as no apparent show of factual possesion is apparent..any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Renting a field with no contract..
    by k95
    Hiya everyone looking into renting a field. Told them I would take it and asked if they had a contract for me to sign, they told me they don't bother with contracts they just expect that if I decided to leave I would leave it in the same condition I found it.

Are there any overall laws...
    24-06-2019, 17:43 PM
  • Reply to Renting a field with no contract..
    by Lizbeth
    By the way, advice to townies - never put your hard-saved capital into buying fields - (especially if you rent them out on grass lets!)

The yield is derisory! On a capital purchase of £50k I get £500 pa in rent. (But, hey, I get to own a field all of my own - I'm a landowner, hurrah!)
    23-05-2020, 18:47 PM
  • Reply to Renting a field with no contract..
    by Lizbeth
    Not sure if this helps, but I let out a field as a summer grass let - I use the local 'monopoly' auctioneer/land agent to draw up the lease and collect the rent for me - it costs me 10% of the rental income, but its worth it. The logic is that the auctioneer/land agent basically has a local monopoly...
    23-05-2020, 18:42 PM
  • Reply to How to get rid of a horses on rented land
    by Slackjawedyokel
    I realise that I’m very late to the party here- sorry. A few years ago there was a situation locally where a person kept a horse informally on a paddock owned by a farmer, and the paddock included a small stable. The relationship between the two people broke down for whatever reason, but the horse...
    18-05-2020, 14:57 PM
  • How to get rid of a horses on rented land
    by Lottie@2
    Good morning just looking for some help and guidance please.
    I rent 3 very large fields . my niece came to me asking if she could bring 3 horses said yes few weeks ago she assaulted me police were involved (march) the police said dont take any rent off her as she may be inclined to move I gave...
    27-03-2020, 10:22 AM
    by Always Problems
    Unfortunately after 30 yeas of dealing with horse people I find that doing the Legal Stuff dosent work unless you are really wealthy and can afford the £200 an hour that a solicitor charges and even if a solicitors letter was sent out they would ignore it. This lady has really dropped herself in it,...
    07-04-2020, 12:24 PM
    by Jon66
    Oh dear. And when you have caused an accident by being negligent in removing the gate and allowing the horses to escape on to the road and you are sued, what will you do then? There are some really stupid posts going on at the moment. Let's just keep to the legal stuff can we?
    05-04-2020, 23:58 PM
    by Always Problems
    Perhaps as you have not received any rent you have not created a tenancy.
    Its only verbal that you allowed her to move her horses on to your land. perhaps it was on the understanding that she would pay you rent.
    I would now say that the rent you want for grazing is now £50 a week per horse....
    05-04-2020, 14:12 PM
    by jpkeates
    And hopefully the niece feels the same way....
    04-04-2020, 07:39 AM
    by Jon66
    jpkeates if only it were 75 quid. A man with a gun charges 210 quid plus vat for shooting and cremation in the south east. That was January this year. You are also on very dodgy ground suggesting criminal damage is an acceptable solution. There is grazing still being advertised and livery yards still...
    04-04-2020, 00:12 AM
Working...
X