Adverse posession of adverse posession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adverse posession of adverse posession

Hi guys. All brand new on hear so please be gentle. English second language grammer may be poor..

my job gets me out and about all over rural wales. And i notice parcels of land unoccupied,empty, abandoned,.i did some homework on one estste..large mabe 10 acres of fields and a old falling down ruin.belived 1800s.my findings through local knowlege, land reg ect nearly drew a blank..one old farmer stated that way before his time that a old farmer lived there/farmed it, died and the rest of familly couldnt decide what to do with it.all the fields buildings are coming back as unregistered.i have now sent a application for a sim..index map search for the owners..its pending.meanwhile i have chained the gate and made my precence known on the land.my chain hasent been tampered with or i havent been approached..although i saw a field that was encroaching on the estste that was registered and downloaded the plan..date 2013..3 australians gained possesory title in 2013. I called land reg and the guy i spoke to found it funny that auzzies have gained a posessory title.and commented that another big field has had a 1st registration application.i am.assuming the auzzies.i will enquire for this monday.i am led to belive that the auzzies maybe trying to recapture there old estste as they all bear welsh names/sirnames.but as in land reg title states no deeds were apparent with the 1st reg of the 1st field they aquired. now it looks that they are moving on to the next..no signs of adverse possesion apparent,no fences, locked gates, or any work cutting clearing ect.as i am allways in area..my question is what happens if these people try and claim the fields ,old building that i am in posession of with a locked gate ect? Can i be kicked off or as they only have a possesory title they have a fight on there hands?..also would it be wise to contest there registration of that new field, as no apparent show of factual possesion is apparent..any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Your title is better than theirs. They can't evict you, but the paper title holder can.

Make the land look occupied and used though. Then they most probably won't try.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Renting a field with no contract..
      k95
      Hiya everyone looking into renting a field. Told them I would take it and asked if they had a contract for me to sign, they told me they don't bother with contracts they just expect that if I decided to leave I would leave it in the same condition I found it.

Are there any overall laws...
      24-06-2019, 17:43 PM
    • Reply to Renting a field with no contract..
      Lawcruncher
      It depends on (a) whether the arrangement is a licence or a tenancy and (b) if it is tenancy, what you are going to use the land for.

Whether an arrangement is a licence or a tenancy depends on a number of factors, but the significant one here is whether the occupier has de facto exclusive...
      25-06-2019, 10:33 AM
      leaseholder64
      This may be a licence, nut it is not a bare one; there is also a contract. The terms of the contract include the rent and the condition on return.

Actually, I think it is a lease, not a licence, as I presume there is exclusive use.

(The term "bare licence" seems...
      25-06-2019, 09:52 AM
      Jon66
      You will have a bare license so notice periods would be as agreed. If no notice periods have been agreed, then if you pay your rent monthly, a months notice is sufficient. It is normal in my neck of the woods that grazing is by verbal agreement and in 30 years i have only ever come across one written...
      25-06-2019, 00:08 AM
    • Tenancy For Life ?
      Another Fine Mess
      I have been renting some Agricultural Land land since 1984 off a Public Body, my lease ran out a few years ago and I have carried on paying the rent.
      They have a "New" Managing Agent, and on their "Rent Invoice" they state Without Prejudice to Expiry 30/06/1994.
      17-03-2019, 12:13 PM
    • Reply to Tenancy For Life ?
      Lawcruncher
      You do not have a "lifetime lease" but probably a lease which it is difficult for the landlord to end during your lifetime. If, as is likely to be the case, you have a tenancy under the Agricultural Holdings Act 1986, it did not end when the fixed term expired but continued under the Act....
      17-03-2019, 17:45 PM
    • Dealing with nosey people adverse posession
      Avoriaz123
      Hi guys and merry christmas to you all..

my topic is how to deal with nosey people during adverse occupation! To make it short i have found a plot that had been vacant abandoned for years and years used as a tipping ground,full of bracken and unloved, i have made all the checks its unregistered...
      27-12-2018, 11:00 AM
    • Reply to Dealing with nosey people adverse posession
      nukecad
      I would assume that you eventually plan to build on this plot, or sell it to a builder?

You need to think carefully about how establishing use, as say an orchard, might affect any future planning application for residential use.

You also need to think about your relationship...
      29-12-2018, 12:57 PM
      Avoriaz123
      Great answers guys, doing work for someone is a great answer and the idea of planting a orchard is great, least i am willing to share fruits of my labour with the locals!, having just come from the squat, doing some work and planting ect i have noticed that the only house that shares a direct boundary...
      28-12-2018, 15:26 PM
      jpkeates
      I'd tell anyone asking questions that you're just doing some work for someone.
      28-12-2018, 13:05 PM
    Working...
    X